February 13, 2025
Manila – The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has filed a lawsuit against the Justice Department (DOJ) against Vice President Sara Duterte President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
NBI Director Jaime Santiago said cases of incitement and serious threats were filed on Wednesday.
“We incite incitement and serious threats. The Justice Department will weigh these complaints – whether to submit two situations [in court]or just a case, otherwise it will be dismissed. “San Diego said in a press conference in the Philippines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qvahm_a3yq
San Diego provided no additional details about the evidence that led to their suggestions.
However, he admits that they cannot be sure Duterte refers to the gunman who agreed to kill three people if she is killed herself.
Meanwhile, Chief State Attorney Richard Anthony Fadullon said the National Prosecutor will assess the complaint.
“It will be evaluated again to determine if the evidence is completed. If so, that is the only time to refer to the preliminary investigation. We can't say anything now until the results are evaluated, so as not to preempt the results and harm the rights of either party.” Fadullon said.
Duterte failed to appear in the NBI last year, making a statement about her zoom press conference aired on various social media platforms.
Instead, her attorney wrote to NBI director Jaime Santiago about her denial.
Read: NBI: Video of Duterte’s vice president threatening President Marcos’ “real”
“Since your office acknowledges that it has access to public material on the Internet, we are confident that the content and context of the entire press conference topic you investigate will bear this issue,” the letter said.